Next start date
Thurs 20th Sept 2018
Weds 14th Nov 2018 or
Part time, 3 months
Business Design Centre London
Our part-time Diploma is our most popular course. Learn on two evenings a week for 3 months. Pick from five start dates each year: February, April, June, September and November
This course gives you:
- the flexibility to learn without giving up your job
- a CIM accredited Diploma qualification in Event Management that will set you apart in a competitive job market
- an immersive experience with a range of site visits at some of London’s top venues
- practical skill-based learning, including project management, leadership, marketing and budgeting – transferrable skills which will enhance your CV
- access to practical experience through volunteering and a live event project
- a mix of classroom based and digital learning; you will be given online modules to support your classroom-based learning
- the opportunity to join our alumni network of over 2,000 graduates in the events industry – instant contacts and instant credibility
- the chance to transform your career and work in an exciting industry with opportunity for travel and growth
- connections made on the course (with lecturers, experts and fellow students) – a valuable network that will stay with you throughout your career
Doing the diploma course was 100% the best thing I have done.Dionne Antobus
Your Diploma in Event Management is a part-time evening course which runs for 12 weeks, 2 evenings a week.
The evenings run from 6.30pm-9pm and the lectures are held at the Business Design Centre, Islington, London.
For many this course is a powerful springboard to a new career. For some it is an opportunity to gain a fresh injection of learning to enhance their existing role. For all it is challenging, fun, different and above all effective.
Connections made on the course (with lecturers, experts and fellow students) provide a valuable network that will stay with you throughout your career in events, and beyond.
What you get:
- CIM Accreditation – our Diploma is the only internationally recognised event management course with Royal Charter accreditation status, provided by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM); the global leader in the industry for over 100 years. We have worked closely with the CIM to develop this course, which blends academic and practical experience.
- Modules taught by experts – our lectures are delivered by highly experienced event professionals who come from all areas of the event business and share our commitment to delivering the best event training available. These industry practitioners are up to date with the latest developments, changes and opportunities within the events world. They bring the latest thinking into the classroom, as well as their stories and experience, bringing lectures to life with real examples and case histories.
- Practical learning – your course will involve working on a group project set by a real client – recent clients have included, Hilton Group, Everything Everywhere (EE), Cancer Research, Pret a Manger and the British Army.
- Site visits – to some of London’s top venues, with behind the scenes access to understand the planning required from an event manager’s viewpoint. Past site visit have included Chelsea FC, The Olympic Park, The Dorchester, Middle Temple, The O2, The Tower, London Fashion Week, Somerset House and The Royal Horse Guards.
- Templates and support documents – covering everything from production schedules, venue checklists, budget planning and health and safety assessments. These are available to help you and can be used in the future for your own events.
- Volunteering – a great way to build your experience, extend your network and looks great on your CV. We offer opportunities for our students to volunteer at events as diverse as The London Marathon, Secret Cinema, The Brit Awards, charity balls and the UNA Film festival.
- Alumni – once you graduate you will have the opportunity to join our Alumni network of over 2,000 past students. You’ll receive exclusive invitations to our alumni social events, professional development talks and get first sight of the many volunteering and job opportunities that flow through our extended network.
Diploma in Event Management Course Project and Modules
This course is divided into key learning modules and a live-brief project, with students having the chance to practice what they learn in a professional environment. Alongside the technical and logistical event learning provided, we aim to develop an informed confidence in our students. Event management requires great teamwork, resourcefulness, creativity and tenacity to succeed; we see these soft skills as equally important to develop as academic knowledge. The following describes what you can expect to cover on this course. For full course details click below to download a brochure:
Event Management Planning
Overview: Develop an understanding of the scope and breadth of the event industry. Identify how and where events fit within business, charitable and social environments, review the way that events are utilised by organisations.
Overview: Co-ordination of events requires skills in planning, managing, executing, and overseeing day-to-day operations. Learn how to manage event logistics. Understand the financial aspect of event management and learn how to create a simple event budget. See how industry experts set out their planning documentation for profitable events.
Corporate Events & Conferences
Overview: Learn the basic principles of corporate event management and how programs are designed to enhance a business’s performance. Develop the corporate skills needed to pursue a career in conference organising and exhibition management.
Overview: Learn the relevance of marketing an event to a specific audience and the most effective methods of doing this. Develop knowledge of marketing models that can aid profitability, and learn how to implement them.
Overview: Develop and plan experiential marketing campaigns, apply post-event analysis and measure successful strategies.
Overview: Weddings are big business and a popular area of the event industry. Learn the vital basic skills associated with creating and managing weddings ceremonies and wedding receptions.
Creativity in Events
Overview: Learn about creativity and how to use it when organising events. Develop skills to turn ideas into reality and to effectively communicate them to a client.
Festivals (Online module)
Overview: Learn the skills required to be the organiser of large-scale festivals and mass participation events. Get to grips with how festival sites are arranged, how the flow of attendees can affect a festivals success and how, if executed correctly, festivals can have huge cultural impact.
Overview: Work to improve your personal effectiveness when presenting to an audience. Learn effective interview and presentation skills through informal assessments, with the express aim of building confidence in your own style.
Overview: Good leadership and wisdom is vital when managing events. Learn what it means to be a true leader and begin to develop your skills to be a great team player and an effective manager.
Overview: Learn about technical event production. Understand the basic principles of production and the importance of a producer during an event.
Overview: Learn how to evaluate the risk involved in your event. From health and safety legislation and risk assessments to event insurance, this is the module where you learn to dot the ‘i’s and cross the ‘t’s.
Social Media (Online module)
Overview: Discover the world of social media in relation to events. Understand how it can be used and the best types to suit your event.
Sports, Hospitality and Sponsorship
Overview: Review the relationship between business and events, and how organisations benefit from hospitality and corporate sponsorship. Understand how sporting events are used as positive relationship building mechanisms. Learn how to identify the right celebrity for a sponsorship campaign.
Overview: The charity sector is one of the fastest growing in the industry. Understand the principles of charity events and find out why they are an integral part of the fundraising mix. Develop skills that will enhance negotiation and learn to create a simple fundraising budget.
Celebrity Events (Online module)
Overview: Understand how celebrity events differ from other events and learn about the emergence of celebrity status over recent years. Learn how to choose and source the most appropriate celebrity for your event and how manage them on site.
Overview: Develop a sound understanding of public relations for event management. Learn how to identify the best media channels for promoting an event, write a press release and how to approach the media to get positive results.
Overview: Whether you want to work for an agency or a venue or in the corporate sector, you will need excellent sales and negotiation skills. Learn how to develop and manage relationships to maximise sales and client longevity.
Overview: Learn about how to make your event environmentally friendly. Discover how to source the best ‘green’ supplier and learn about emerging attitudes to environmental issues.
Overview: The exam revision session will help you recap your learning and prepare you for the exam. You will have the chance to go through a mock examination and ask your questions about the exam.
Overview: Students meet and question clients from an organisation who will brief them on their current event and marketing goals. Working in a team, students develop creative solutions, plan logistics and cost concepts to achieve the objectives and goals, before pitching their ideas to the client.
Amazing team of lecturers who were inspiring, engaging and passionate about what they do.Holly Booth
I’d researched many events courses in London and this one is THE BEST. Worth every pennyPawel Dobrowolski
Everything is there for you to succeed it’s just how you go about it to ensure you get to where you want to be. Go for it!John Combes